About the Housing Adaptation Grant
A housing adaptation grant is available where changes need to be made to a home to make it suitable for a person with a physical, sensory or mental health difficulty. The purpose of the works that need to be carried out are to make the occupiers life easier by making their home accessible and adapting it to their individual needs.
Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability (houses over 12 months old):
|#||Maximum yearly household income||% of costs||Maximum grant|
|1||Up to €30,000||95%||€30,000|
|2||€30,000 – €34,000||90%||€27,000|
|3||€34,001 – €38,000||80%||€24,000|
|4||€38,001 – €42,000||70%||€21,000|
|5||€42,001 – €46,000||60%||€18,000|
|6||€46,001 – €50,000||50%||€15,000|
|7||€50,001 – €54,000||40%||€12,000|
|8||€54,001 – €65,000||30%||€9,000|
We Build Your Comfort
Our approach is practical; we liaise with your medical team (GP, Occupational Therapist etc.)
Based on their advice, we design an adaptation package that suits your needs. See our Products/Services Provided topic for a list of enhancements that we provide.
Regular Central Heating System Maintenance:
Complete Adaptation Extension
Light Switch Lowering
Door handle lowering
Widening of corridors and door-ways
Backrests on toilets
Baths with hoists
Complete Bedroom Solutions
We ensure that you get maximum benefits for your investment. Traditionally, companies would try to complete a job at minimum cost. We rely on your satisfaction to sustain House2Home, so we go the extra mile â better quality design, materials, products and workmanship.
House2Home is registered with NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland), who carry out regular audits of our work to ensure the highest possible standards are being adhered to.
House2Home provides a complete service to people wishing to upgrade their homes. That means that you do not need to go to multiple companies to achieve your desired result.
What benefits will housing adaptation improvements have for me?
- A more comfortable, practical home
- Ensure you can live safely in your own home
- Ease of access, new fixtures and fittings are installed to make sure you can live and function in your home
- You can remain in your home, where traditionally it would have been impractical to do so
How do I know if I can avail of the Grant?
- For a free talk through on the grant application process call 1800282282 and speak to our advisors
- If you suffer from an on-going illness, disability or ailment then there is a good chance that you will qualify for the grant.
- We can provide an information pack that will explain the process in greater detail, and we can call to your home to discuss the process with you.
- By calling 1800282282 and requesting an information pack, you can make an informed decision on all matters regarding housing adaptation
- We will liaise with your occupational therapist to ensure you will get maximum benefits from the project.
What kind of changes can be made to my home?
- There are various options available to you. We have carried out numerous housing adaptation works and we can show you options that have proven successful to our clients.
- We can add an extension under the grant scheme that will provide additional living space. If this is located at the rear of your home, then you can enjoy the benefits of the new part of your home, while overlooking your garden. House2Home also provide landscaping services to complete the project.
- House2Home will adapt the whole house to suit your individual needs. This includes creating a washroom downstairs, so clients do not have to worry about dangerous falls. We also provide mobility friendly living rooms and bedrooms.
- We only carry out the work that you feel is relevant. You will be presented with different options and finishes, when you are happy we will agree on a start date.
How much is available in grant assistance?
- You can receive up to 95% of costs, depending on your circumstances.
- The maximum grant available is €30,000 on any project
- Grant Assistance is being reduced, so if you are thinking of applying for a grant, don’t delay call today!
- Grant applications are based on priority; this will be determined by your GP and occupational therapist.
House2Home Retrofit Ltd is a 100% Irish owned new Retrofit company. Our aim is to provide you with 1 complete solution when you decide to change your home for the better, whether it is home insulation or availing of the Housing Adaptation Grant.Contact us immediately. Take advantage of House2Home’s special offers. You are worth this experience.